Are you interested in seeing a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist but not sure what to expect?
Here is some information that will help you to feel more at ease with the process.
If you have concerns regarding any of the following:
-Weight Management and weight loss
-Cardiovascular disease including High blood pressure, high cholesterol and trigylcerides
-Food allergies and intolerances
-Pre and postnatal nutrition
-Pre and post bariatric surgery
-Digestive Issues- IBS, UC, Crohns, more
Sessions with a dietitian start with an initial consultation and continue over the course of several weeks or months with follow up visits.
50-Minute Initial Nutrition Consultation:
Are you ready to change your eating habits today? Do you have a nutrition related condition or struggling with weight loss? A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist is a licensed expert who can help you to navigate the confusing world of healthy eating and clarify confusing media messaging surrounding our food choices.
During this session, Samantha will work with you through a clinical as well as holistic approach to combat an array of food challenges, such as; metabolic disfunction, dyslipidemia, digestive issues, food sensitivities, pre and postnatal, food preferences, medical nutrition therapy, pre and post bariatric surgery, weight management, weight loss and more. She will review your health history and collect a food preference intake from you. Based on this information, she can provide an individualized eating plan.
Learn to stop dieting, counting calories and start enjoying your food through this comprehensive program. An individualized program developed in your session will provide continuous support to help you achieve your goals through virtual food logging, emails, calls, follow up appointments. You will learn to combat cravings, listen to your hunger cues, and discover foods that you love.
30-minute follow up visits 2 times per month
Each follow up session will cover your successes or struggles with reaching your goals. We believe that nutrition improvements do not happen over night. It takes weeks, months and sometimes years to make significant changes to your eating habits. Through continuous support and nutrition education a healthy diet can be achieved by anyone and have lasting, life changing effects.
Learn to feed, cook with and heal your whole family. Samantha works with children, adolescents, parents, pre and post pregnancy nutrition needs.
Whether it is one-on-one, family, couples or children each nutrition session is highly individualized and designed to help you achieve your personal nutrition goals. Together we will find your path to success!
What to expect from a session with a Registered Dietitian:
- Customized health plan based on individual’s needs
- Guidance on making better food choices
- A meal plan catered to your individual lifestyle and needs
- Health education materials distributed
- Food logs, smart phone health tracking, physical activity logs
- Behavior change strategies addressed
- Follow up sessions and consistent support to track your progress
- How to deal with any health-related problems
- How to feel better by eating better
- Food journal analysis, recipe and menu generation
- HIPPA certified privacy protection ensured for each session
- Weight maintenance or reduction
- Gluten-free, dairy free diets- what you should know
- Superfoods and how to maximize your nutrition intake
- Good fats vs bad fats clarified
- Food shopping lists
- Menu planning
- Disease management, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, GI disorders and more
- Fitbit tracking, maintenance and monitoring through personalized online and smart phone technology
- Weight maintenance, steps tracked, calorie intake, sleep patterns monitored
Samantha Rigoli MPH, RD, CDN, RYT is a Registered Dietitian, Nutrition Consultant and Yoga Instructor with a private practice in New York City. She holds a Master’s in Public Health and is the founder of Healthy to the Core NYC where she provides one-on-one counseling for adults and children, conducts nutrition-focused seminars, wellness talks, cooking demonstrations for privately owned businesses and corporate accounts. She is currently a consulting dietitian and creator of an office yoga program and is developing a wellness initiative for the human services non-profit, Urban Pathways.
What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) are food and nutrition experts who have met the following criteria to earn the RDN credential:
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
MOST MAJOR HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS ACCEPTED:
Oxford, Aetna, CIGNA, United HealthCare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Empire Plan, GHI, Emblem Health, Medicare, Medicaid